This team quit on this season/who needs to go (ROSTER ONLY)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CatoTheElder, Dec 28, 2008.

1. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Coles ...Law (should have never picked him back up) and thomas cause he just didnt show up!

Wish i could get rid of Gholston too HA!

2. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Did you see Chad put that hit on Revis on the outside ..when they were running the wildcat and sprung brown for 3-4 more yards!!!! I couldnt stand how they didnt bump chad on the line when he was lining up at WR!!!! They did it to Farve in Tenn!

3. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Coles isnt going anywhere.
    This c0ck$ucker's pay in 2009 is guaranteed.

Good riddance Favre.
    Completely shocked that nobody tossed a #4 JET jersey at Favre when he dashed for the tunnel.
    Goodbye Franks --- useless roster spot.
    Goodbye Eric Smith.
    Goodbye David Barrett.
    Brandon Moore could be gone, he has a $5 million roster bonus due in 2009.

IMO, resigning Eric Barton to a cheap short term deal could be in our best interests.

4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I love the original post for some reason. Favre seemed like he never had his heart in it, I mean since day 1, even in midseason when the Jets were winning. I for one was happy when Pennington was cut for Favre, seemed like the right thing to do at the time. But if this team had reached 9-5 with Penny, something tells me we win in Seattle and vs. Miami. I for one want to see Favre gone, WTF was that dashing off the field today, that was awful.

I agree about Barton too-- too many bonehead plays over the years.

Coles I disagree with most posters-- he's been a warrior for the Jets and probably has one more worthwhile year left-- we don't re-sign after '09. The guy complains sometimes off-field but he comes in and leaves it on the field every year. He makes cluth catches. He is not divisive, just whiny.

I think Elam can stay, he's made some clutch big plays and provides depth at a needed position.

5. jetsmetsman12

jetsmetsman12 New Member

get rid of BRITT FAV...........RE i know its spelled brett

COLES HAS TO GO
    hes old and cant catch
    i think we need a power RB to be honest

we need a big play receiver.. aka michael crabtree but he wont fall that far in the draft.. maybe percy harvin?

i think cassell returns to the pats cuz i honestly have a gut feeling brady's career could be in jeopardy...

law=gone
    smith=gone

only def players i keep is
    revis
    rhodes
    jenkins
    harris
    gholston(give him a chance)
    elam

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. He is going to be a star. Clearly everyone should have this same feeling about a guy who has shown no signs of becoming a good NFL LB.

7. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Why would you definitely keep elam? He might be ok for a backup but he can't cover and he makes a lot of bad decisions.

8. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Favre of course -- there's no chance he's coming back next year, is there? Please?
    Coles
    Law
    Clemens -- seen enough of him. Don't want him in TC this year.
    Baker
    Franks
    The guy that kept getting penalties on special teams and negating TD returns

9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

i get really frustrated with all the hate for coles. I understand that he wines alot but it is overblown. He gives everything for this team week in and out and he had some big catches today. He will be on this team next year

10. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Why Coles? How does he hurt this team? Fix the problems dont create more.

11. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Agreed. Coles still has a lot fans, they just don't make as much noise as the haters do.

12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

absolutely, its disgusting to see how this team just didnt even seem to care. I think I cared more than those guys on the field (minus a few players of course) Cant believe my team quit on me.

13. snipes824

snipes824 Member

Brett Favre
    Bubba Franks
    Drew Coleman
    Eric Smith
    David Bowens
    Hank Poteat
    David Barrett
    Mike Devito
    Bryan Thomas
    Ty Law

Some of these guys deserve to go more than others but for the most part if none of them returned to the team next year I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Devito looked like a high motor guy but I rarely saw him making any meaningful plays. We can do better. Bowens can't cover anybody and is too slow. Coleman is terrible. Poteat isn't totally useless but again, we can do better. Smith, Favre, Franks and Thomas are all bums.

Edit: included Law who, needless so say, should not be brought back under any circumstance.

14. Bay Ridge Dave

Bay Ridge Dave New Member

It that is the case (Coles staying), then Coles CANNOT be a #1 WR next season. The Jets need to get a WR burner who can stretch the field. None of the current Jets WR corps seems to have the capability of creating separation. Even if they go out and get a big armed QB, it will be more of the same (meaning these guys not getting open.). Coles is nothing more than an overpaid possession receiver... a rich man's Wayne Chrebet. So if he has to stay, he should be used accordingly (#2 WR). IMO, Cotchery took a step backward this season.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Boldin isnt as fast as Coles, but everybody loves him. Whats wrong with Coles? I still don't think he'll be a jet, but not because i hate him or anything.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

personally i think its less to do with who to get rid of and more who to add...

but i think barton, baker, d coleman, smith, bowens, coles

17. JetsLookingforDWare

Best list in the thread.

There'll probably be a few more...Drew Coleman and one or two of the shittier LBs on the team. I have no idea why people want to get rid of Thomas, cause it'd hurt alot worse than cutting Bowens. I'd just play Gholston, draft another pass rusher, and let him ride the bench and get certain snaps. He's not useless, he's just not *that* good.

18. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Me to. You have to be a real idiot to bash Coles for his play.

19. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

This is the best list. I like how you didnt have Coles on it.

20. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Coles haters... Cotchery has his fair share of drops to. Look at todays game.