Brett Favre KILLED the Jets!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jaded Green, Dec 28, 2008.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Simple: That team was constructed by Matt Millen, who is worse than anyone in Jets history, including Rich Kotite.

2. 43Chubby

43Chubby New Member

OMG.. You guys kill me.. Chad had a good year. I doubt if he would have had the same luck with the Jets.. The Phins tailored their offense to Chad's strengths.. Brett.. just sucked this year.. Coles and Cotch looked like they were running in mud and couldn't get into their routes... Schott and Sutton must go.. Magini will get a pass..

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I dont care if Brett Favre decides to play another season. BRETT FAVRE CAN NOT BE THE QB OF THIS TEAM NEXT YEAR.

Draft a QB in the first round and let Clemens and Ratliff battle it out for the starting job next year while letting the QB you draft sit, watch, and learn.

You kill 3 birds with one stone. You find out if Ratliff or Clemens can play and if they cant you got a QB you drafted on the bench who at the very least could be good trade bait if Clemens or Ratliff turn out to be the real deal.

4. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

I agree, favre throws way too many picks. He needs to go. NOW!

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Favre is toast.

6. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

This is such a narrow view its unreal.

What is this actually based on?

Based on Pennington runs an offense where they line up like 20% of the time with him not even as a QB?

Do you understand that even if we won this game, we don't win the division?

What does Favre have to do with Keller unable to make a catch in the end zone at the end of the half?

Missed extra point? Blocked punt? The pass D? Lowry getting burned over and over again? Mangini constantly calling plays where we line up in shot gun formation on 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2? Our LB dropping an INT that lands directly in his chest? Law negating an INT? Thomas Jones doing nothing?

We suck overall, its not on one player. If you think the QB is our only problem, then we're screwed next year because a new QB is not going to fix everything.

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I was against it in the begining.

SO MANY INT's. That one he threw to the lineman just made me laugh. The one he over threw Leon. I didnt actually see that other one. 3 in one game. One game that actually meant something. Like 9 in the last 4 games. What a fucking loser. Thanks for nothing Brett.

8. GermanJetBerlin

GermanJetBerlin New Member

How many winning seasons did you have since 1998 ? Two ? After week 11 being 8-3, top of the division, nobody could have foreseen the huge breakdown and coaches were not able to react.

9. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

Favre saved our asses this year...took us from 4-12 to 9-7 and almost the playoffs...not to mention he had to learn everything on the fly! I ignore you darksiders who don't have a deep/realistic understanding on the nfl. why do you think Green Bat went from Superbowl contender to shit this year...because Favre left! DUH!

What I don't understand is how we beat all the good teams on our schedule at their homes...and we lost to all these weak ass west coast teams? What gives? Bad coaching?

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Like it or not the QB and the Head coach are always going to get the majority of the blame when a team loses. Of course, no one player is totally to blame for any loss. However, look at Favre's INT's in this game. The Jets were at mid-field and he throws an ill-advised pass when he didn't have to. Then he throws right into the hands of a lineman for a returned TD. Then he throws the backbreaker when the Jets are driving at the Dolphins 29. If these INT's were a one-time thing you could say it was just a bad day.

The missed PAT had no outcome in the game because the Jets went for a two-point conversion later in the game so it was a wash. Even the punt that was blocked didn't really have much bearing on the outcome because the Jets were already down by four (more than a FG). I agree with the third and short empty backfields. Look nobody is saying that the Jets played perfectly except for Favre (the pass to Keller could have been caught - would have been an excellent play by him). However, over the last five weeks he has been as much to blame as any one player on the field.

11. GermanJetBerlin

GermanJetBerlin New Member

Bad Coaching. They had one gameplan and kept it, no matter, if it worked or not. Unable to adjust. They were outschemed in a lot of these games. They screwed all the talent we have on the roster up.

12. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I agree with you 100%. And I think Favre knows that too that he is going to get all the blame and I don't think he minds it. He's a HOF, so this isn't going to affect him. He has been horrible the past five weeks.

But I just can't say I'm "that" disappointed in this season because I just plain don't think we're that good. We basically suck on every level of the game the past few weeks and the coaching has somehow overall gotten worse.

The most telling thing ot me was they ran the Wildcat offense and got gains of 6, or 8 or 9, etc. Then we ran it that one play and lost 3 yards or something, lol. Thats pretty telling of how prepared we are.

13. keypusher

keypusher Member

It really isn't. Not only did he have 22 INTs, he lost 8 fumbles (correct me if I am wrong). Pennington had 7 INTs and one lost fumble (again, correct me if I am wrong). That's a 22-turnover differential, which is #%#@^#$ staggering. In the course of a season, how many games will 22 extra turnovers cost you? Two? Three? Four?

14. keypusher

keypusher Member

Look, I am just a guest here myself, but mods? Get rid of this guy?

15. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

the jets were looking good other than not being able to stop the run and farves one pick after another! :p

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

In 2006 Chad had 17 TD and 16 INT and in 2007 it was a 10/9 split

he had a good season, but having Chad in NY this year would have been a weekly QB shuffle with each bad pass or game. He was done in NY with this coaching staff whether Farve came in or not.

Farve having an MRI tomorrow on his shoulder - which will probably show a torn rotator cuff or labrum - will end his career. Rehabbing a cuff injury at 28 is one thing but at 40 forget it. Plus it i a 6 month rehab which would put him back in June...no way the jets wait on a 40 year old damaged shoulder.

17. CHREBETSTHEBEST80

CHREBETSTHEBEST80 New Member

he made the pro bowl lol

18. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

THE BIGGEST JOKE OF THE YEAR!!!

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Based on what? did you pay attention this year? did you watch yesterday's game? We'd have won about 12 games w/ Chad. he won 11 w/ lesser talent, Favre killed us most of the year. It's not even debateable at this point.

20. cnc66

cnc66 New Member

well fella's, I don't understand why you didn't run the ball more. I honestly felt you could and was really pleased when it didn't happen. I thought you would force into putting 8 in the box, play action, boom td. We came out nervous but you gave us time to settle down.. again, had you dedicated yourselves to the run, I think this game would have been yours.