Brett Favre KILLED the Jets!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jaded Green, Dec 28, 2008.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Tony, you're normally a great poster. How can you not see that Favre threw these last five games (including the Buffalo win) away? Is Mangini to blame for Favre's INT's today?

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I don't think that any Jet fan had anything to do with how the Jets basically gave away the division. I wish we had that much power.

3. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

He would not have SUCKED as BAD as BRETT did in the COLD!!!

4. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

NO!!! At least with the noodle I would be full!!!

5. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

This is the classic response for many of the anti-Pennington crowd. Quite frankly as a Jet fan I don't care about next week at the moment. I cared about getting to the playoffs. You have to get to the playoffs to win the Super Bowl. Saying Pennington will fold next week is the classic defense mechanism (IMHO of course).

6. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

POST OF THE YEAR!!!

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Favre sucked down the stretch and was a prime reason we sucked down the stretch. We also allowed way to many third down conversions this year and never tried to establish a running game. We simply stopped being a physical team on both sides of the ball after we got to 8 & 3.

Miami put in two tight ends and have two beast running backs and pound defenses to soften them up. We allow both the D and the O to be very comfortable. We are a finese team who's one finese game breaker is essential a kick returner.

We never tried to establish the run this year as a staple we set up the run with the pass and got yards but we never just pounded teams or ran well in clasic short yardage situations. The Dolphins put two tight ends in and pounded people. Good teams run the ball especially when they don't have great WR. Miami has a power running game a speed WR and a couple of huge targets. They have a better scheme than us and the players to run it.

8. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Exactly, at least he got his team to the playoffs.

All while completing the GREATEST turn around in football EVVER!!!

Oh and winning the DIVISION!!!

9. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

I wish asshole fans had nothing to do with it, but guess what???

Team want to make money... and if 2000000000 asshole like winstonbiggs think we will be better with a stron g arm idiot at QB than that is what the money grabbing assholes that run the franchise will do!!!

Good for the GB fans who dont have to worry about an owner who will listen to them... since they will be better in the future for it

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I actually agree with everything you wrote. I wish the Jets had tried to run the ball more. The amount of empty backfields on 3rd and short were unbelievable this year. However, that doesn't absolve the offense from not executing. The Pats have made a living over the last seven years and I wouldn't call them a power running team. They have been successful basing their offense on a pass first team. And they aren't the only successful to do so.

11. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

12. winstonbiggs

In spite of the fact that you have never demonstrated any ability to express yourself in a constructive way or engage people with meaningful conversation about the Jets on a Jets interactive board I have never taken it to a personal level with you and won't now.

I will dispense a little friendly advice.

At some point when you have to go outside and actual interact with human beings, basic social skills might come in handy. I'm sure there are plenty of on line self help sites that might be able to help you out. You really should seek some help. Striking out at people you don't know is either a scream for help or late stages of psychosis.

13. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

nice job ass hole...

Guess what noone on this board knows you either...

But they are morons and they listen to morons like you.

Yes you are a moron but you are polite, so I guess that makes you more likable than me

14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Eric Mangini killed this team. Brett Favre is not responsible for the Jets under-utilizing the leading rusher in the AFC.

15. winstonbiggs

Likeability has nothing to do with manners and wanting to engage in friendly conversation about the Jets with other Jets fans. People can and do disagree all the time, I told you so all the time, kid each other all the time and still have a friendly respect for each other and even sometimes come around to the other persons thinking. That has little to do with being polite it's basic self respect for others and yourself. Most people who show no respect for others general have huge self esteem issues. That's nothing to kid about. Low self esteem holds back millions of people from reaching their potential.

16. southjerseyjets

southjerseyjets New Member

I actually think we need someone better than Jones, Washington does a lot more with that big line in front of him, Jones looks slow to me. Now we are going to need a QB as Favre proved he is over the hill, we took a shot. You can't blame this one on Mangini.

17. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Did anyone catch Favre's little pep talk before the game? "Whatever happens, happens." Whatever happens, happens?! Way to instill confidence and urgency in your team. What a leader. What a great motivator. I think both Favre and the coaching both killed our season. There's no fire in our coaching staff and thus no fire in our team.

18. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Yeah Dr. Phil... LOL

BTW... hes making $ misleading idiot with that exact philosophy..

But you are an ass on a web site... unless..

Dr. Phil?

19. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

we would have been 6-10 w/chad.

#79 ajetsfan4ever, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

We need someone better than the leading rusher in the AFC. Unbelievable.

And I was the one nominated for "least informed poster?!?!"