Packers Fans: Thank you for being classy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Zippy

Zippy New Member

That's for sure TeriB. I post a lot on another Packer message board, and it is a pleasure to be a Jets fan. I hope the Jets have the dream season they deserve, along with my beloved Brett Favre! Go Jets!

2. johnny_blood

johnny_blood New Member

Very cool, Jetcane, thanks! I have a few to post but can't do it until I reach 50 posts.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Its so amazing how many Packer fans have joined the gang green in the last 2-3 days alone. That just goes and shows they really enjoyed Brett, another classy Packer move.

4. utdfan7

utdfan7 New Member

I have been reading this thread for a while and finally decided to join. I am a Packer fan and to give you some perspective on my thoughts, I was 3 years old when Favre made is first start for the packers. I don't think I could possibly explain what it feels like to see the same guy go out and start every football game that you have ever see your team play. I am excited that he gets a chance to keep playing even if its not for the Packers. Honestly, at this point, I don't know who I would want to win if the Packers did play the Jets. I'm sure it will sink in eventually but for now I will enjoy watching the Jets as my new second favorite team.

On a side note, there was a report on a local news site that the local CBS station has asked as many Jets games as possible to be broadcast in our market. This will allow all of us Packer fans to watch many of the games and continue this great conversation throughout the year.

5. Zippy

Zippy New Member

I, for one, will be here for good. I'm not a bandwagon fan. I have studying to do. I have to learn more about Jets history and status of current players. I love this place! Go Jets!

6. SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets Member

The Packers were the first team I rooted for as a kid and the first NFL game I ever watched was The Ice Bowl with my dad on a frigid new years eve day in Jersey in 1967...not a bad game to get turned on to pro football to...kind of like seeing a Springsteen concert for a first show live...high standards indeed...go Packers

7. johnny_blood

johnny_blood New Member

Ok Packers fans, I figured out all the times the Jets and Packers play at the same time this season: September 28, October 19, Nov 2, Nov 9, Nov 30, Dec 14, and Dec 28. That's seven games.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Flip back and forth.

9. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

The term "Band wagon fan" is an interesting one and in my view, very overused. There are "rare cases" (and I believe this is one) where the Jets will pick up new legitimate "life long fans" just due to the circumstances of many of us not being able to blindly cheer our old team.

I really wouldn't call jumping on to a 4-12 team band wagon jumping either. But the Jet's are showing class to a HOF QB that many of us have admired over the sixteen years.

The same type of class was not shown in Green Bay and that may bring the Jets a lot of new fans; which I don't consider to be a bad thing at all.

GO JETS GO !!!

10. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

oops sorry, wrong post

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree BUT it not like the Packers are doing anything this year. Have to say that the Packers are maybe the classest fans in the NFL.

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Born and raised in Wisconsin, (very close to green bay) I gotta say I love the Packers. I'll always be a Jet fan first and foremost so I don't wanna hear any BS but Packer fans are great honestly, and the team has always been a fun team to watch. I really hope WI keeps showing more jet games even when brett isnt on the team anymore. Also, I hope more people from WI keep following the Jets. And last but not least, I hope people stop fucking asking me if I like the Jets because they have brett favre. I can't even describe how many times I have been asked that.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes, it has been cool having Packers fans on the board, you have all been fun to have around.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Randy Moss would likely disagree.

15. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Nice thread, thanks, I see it's an old one but I just noticed it today.

For what it's worth, ironically I don't think dumping Favre hurt the Packers that much, it at all. Just as I feel dumping Pennington for Favre didn't actually change the outcome for the Jets too much either. Each team, each to it's own degree (of losses), has had defense as their #1 liability.

16. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

I would be inclined to agree with your statement. But i think we may be a select few. Because Favre's arm seems to have the butterfly effect. Meaning that even if someone forgets their blocking assigments late in the game, that is just an after-effect of a bad throw favre had three games ago.
    I think alot of people around here seem to think that with a different quarterback we would have "the steel curtain" part 2 on defense, and the '92 and '93 cowboys and 2001 through 2004 patriots offense combined. If that damned Favre just played better.

Favre's played like crap most of the season minus a few games. And while i recognize that, i still notice the bad defense, dropped catches, poor coaching etc... But alot of people just don't see it.

So be careful to point out that this years problems aren't all Favre's fault. Not alot of people see it that way.

Even now there's probably a group of people working on a 23 page spreadsheet showing us all the stats on how if Pennington were still here Coles would have caught that ball with his chest hairs alone due to Chad's skills and leadership, and there would have been 22 sacks last game just by the defense looking at Wallace funky. All inspired by chad of course and nothing to do with coaching, practice or playing with some heart.

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

amen to that!:up: