Wish we still had Herm

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I'm laughing with you...

2. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Too late. When Herm's fired, we've hired him as DC for my son's Pee Wee team. Kotite is the HC.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

let not get into the name calling..I am just as pissed as u but I'm not going to call people names on here.

4. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

We know this was written just to get a rise. No one with half a brain can possibly feel this way for real. :wink:

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

while ur laughing go look at the facts. PLUS when Mingini got us into the playoffs that was with Herm's guys.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

No it wasn't if we can go back to when we 1st hired Eric you will see that I didn't like it then and don't like it now.
    I am NOT saying Herm is a great coach I am saying he is better then Mangini.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude...Herman Edwards took a playoff team in KC and basically blew it up like a firecracker. He ruined what Parcells built here too. Why the hell would you want that turd back here?

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

oh really? I don't care what people say injuries are a excuse and Herm had a lot of them in KC we can't say that.
    Plus if we have Herm he rans the ball a lot more and that what we should had been doing.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Have you ever considered acupuncture inserted into the skull at the base of the neck?

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

anybody else understand this "incoherence"?

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Then we could bring back Curtis Martin in a motorized Hover-Round and sign Lamont Jordan to sit on the bench, just like the good old days.

12. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

I am sorry but while I look upon the Parcells years with fondness the aftermath, not so much. Parcells built a win now team, and it did not happen. The contracts put in place were so bad we lost at least 4 major players to FA each for maybe the first three or four years after he left. The fact that Herm was able to keep it going maybe more of a testament to his ablities then we give him credit for.

13. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

It's very difficult to take this post seriously when he and his new team are in the same crapper the Jets are.

14. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

I do not think that KC was expected to be any good this year, we on the other hand were expected to make some noise and we did. It is the collapse, that is the problem. I guess the real question is, would this collapse had occurred if Herm was the coach?

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

KC is 2-13 ....i rest my case.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Herm is rebuilding the Chefs and that's been his coverstory for awhile now. Its won't be enough to save his job though as that Franchise has seen nothing but regression for several years running..

Seriously, someone please talk Jet Fan down from the ledge. The absolute last thing we need is to revisit "hello?? we play to win the game..." with all that came with Herm. I do kinda miss those classic Hermisms he used to utter. Compared to Mangini, Herm Edwards is Rick James!!!!!!!!! :)

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

OMG. OMG. Now you see why there is an arrow through my head.

If Herm were here, Chrebet would still be playing, but unable to spell his own name anymore.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He has an incredibly young team that has been rebuilding the last 2 years. He made the postseason 3 in 4 years here and never had a team as talented as the one we had, he never had a bad year where we weren't decimated by injuries, we never choked in December.

19. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Didn't Herm make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs in 04? I mean who knows, we could of possible gone to the superbowl that year if it wasnt for that fucking kicker that shall not be named.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm swallowing the vomit that came up when I opened this thread....... 3 words for ya pal....... Doug "Fucking" Brien