Final Pennington vs Favre Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It's all about coaching. Miami has a good coach, the Jets don't. If Chad was still a Jet, he'd have another crappy year of rinky dink passes and people questioning his arm strength.

2. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Chad might have had success here this year given the tremendous upgrade in OL talent. That was the biggest offensive problem last year, by far. No QB had any time to throw and there was no run blocking. I curse Adrien Clarke wherever he his now(probably working at Shoney's).

But I have the feeling our running game wouldn't have been as effective with Chad. I think the threat of Brett's arm has opened up the defenses, allowing TJ to have an All Pro year.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You base this on what? The fact that w/ the same coaching staff he led us to the playoffs 2 years ago? or the fatc that he took a dolphin team w/ half the talent and has them better than us? We'd be AT LEAST 11-4 w/ Chad right now w/ the division wrapped up.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I think part of the problem is that Chad bashers take last year and run with it totally ignoring what Chad has done in the past.
    Add to that the idiocy of thinking a laser arm wins games and NOT efficiency.

As I said b4, they all want the show and the ESPN hilights.
    Well they got em.
    The Hilghts Show our Old QB sucking hyena ass down the stretch and tanking it.

But no, they wanna blame Chad while we had a Desimated OL, horrible Playcalling and him playing injured cause he got killed by the O-Line...all in 1 year.
    They use that as an argument to define him.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You are fool to believe that. You will find out next week just how bad he is when it matters most.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

IT'S NOT THE QB, IT'S THE COACHES.

Miami has the better FO and coaching staff.

Bill Parcells for president!

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Again, did Mangini tell Favre to throw across his body, across the field, into double coverage, in a snowstorm.

You have to be smart with the football, Wallace looked like the veteran out there, not Brett.

8. nyjunc

We have seen what Favre has been doing when it matters most and yesterday in a game that may have saved Miami's season Chad w/ no running game or defense led his team to 38 points and a W on the road.

9. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Classic. That comment is so good, I'm going to steal it and claim it as my own in other conversations!

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

And what's the only consistent thing that both CP and BF went through here in NY?

The coaching staff.

You see, it doesn't matter who you bring in, these fuck bags will ruin them.

FIRE MANGINI!

11. nyjunc

We were a playoff team w/ half the talent we have now when we had a healthy Chad in 2006 and we had the same staff outside the upgrade at OL coach.

12. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Even people in Japan know Mangini sucks.

13. keypusher

keypusher Member

:rofl:

I am definitely stealing that one.

14. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

The problem is the Chad supporters got tired of being called homos by the dickless Chad haters. At least I did.

15. akibud

akibud Active Member

I beg to differ, I think Chad has way more class than that, and will actually take the high road this entire week, making his teams unlikely resurgence the story and not himself. I for one am pulling for him, and them to complete the cinderella story and even win a playoff game. As for the Jets, it looks like the Titans players were right after all, we all mocked them and called them whiney when they said the better team did not win that game, but I think they were right.

16. boomer

boomer Active Member

Amen to that.

17. UKJetFan

UKJetFan New Member

I figured Mangini was bad and had to go last season but I didn't twig that Chad was playing bad because of this. Good for Chad, he's a class act and deserves all the success he gets.

Chad wins obviously because he's in the perfect system for him, makes me wonder how many other Jets have underperformed thanks to our "Genius" coach.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Favre has played miserable the past few weeks. No secret, but you guys that keep dropping games out and reordering stats are just ridiculous. If we take away one of his bad games his stats climb back up. You don't have to remove the 6TD game to prove the point. It's already proven with his lack of production. The receivers aren't so pretty either - Coles is about as overrated in NY as any receiver has been anywhere. The other two boobs aren't much better. The coaching staff from top to bottom, with the exception of Westhoff is terrible. I tried to give them a shot, but these guys are just never prepared and come out flat. They make terrible decisions during the game as well.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

No running game? Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. No defense? Uhh their D is ranked higher than ours.

Favre hasn't been playing NFl football for a couple of weeks....no doubt there. But to say Chad is the only reason for Miami's success stinks of bias.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The worst part of junc's arguement is that he's 100% sure the Jets would have a better record with Pennington as our QB.....based on what? is he some kind of gypsy? With this team's luck, Pennington would have went down in week 5 with a season ending injury.

I can't stand these "what if" theories.....