It's The Coaching, Stupid

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I hope its obvious to all now that this guy and his staff has to go. The math is simple:

poor tackling = bad coaching

stupid penalties = bad coaching

bad offense/defensive schemes = bad coaching

lack of fire/desire/enthusiasim = bad coaching

Anyone that tries to defend this guy now is either delusional or a dope. And I don't want to hear the shit about "oh i don't want to start over again". From what, losing? Mediocrity? This guy got lucky in his first season, and then went 13-19. And we are set next week, due to the circumstances, to have one of the most humiliating loses in franchise history (and they are losing next week, don't dare think otherwise). If this guy is not fired, and fans continue to show up at the games, then there is no hope for you or the team. We have to get mad, like the Giant fans did in the 70's. Now is the time, with the new stadium and all. If not, enjoy more and more seasons of Jet heartbreak.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Dropping the ball is NOT a bad coaching

Getting hit while throwing, resulting in INT, is NOT a bad coaching.

*Was trying to emulate some folks here. I do think they are ALL traits of bad coaching.*

3. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

4. JetsLookingforDWare

I'm sorry...these dudes are paid millions of dollars and all you just told me is that if they don't do their jobs right it's their bosses fault.

And that if you think otherwise you're delusional or a dope.

I mean give me a fucking break...it's almost insulting to peoples intelligence...poor tackling is coaching? On what planet? I'd think the ability to tackle another NFL player would be something up on the list of things an NFL player should be able to do.

What'd Mangini do to ruin their tackling ability?

It's such speculative BS treated like fact...why?

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually, its the coaches that teach the fundamentals like tackling and such. While I agree the players haven't executed over the last month, its also the coaches job to have their team ready to play. Its also the coaches responsibility to make adjustments during the game and put their respective units in the best position to win.

This CS either has failed to do that or just can't get their concepts accross. Either way, its a recipie for failure and one sadly that can only be address by change. Either accross the board or at the very least, at the weakest point. The FO/CS can't be seen as standing pat especially with very expensive PSL's to sell before a new stadium opens.

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

lmao! At least you are consistent!

2/3rds of Pro Bowl voting is done by NFL coaches and players, who are all apparently stupid because they think these inept players deserve to go to the Pro Bowl more than any other team in the league. Yeah, I'm sure they are ALL WRONG and it's the players that are at fault, not the coaching.

7. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

Maybe it's the stupid coaching.

8. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

:rofl: Don't think it's going to happen though.

9. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

made me wet tho :)

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I have ever seen worse game planning than we have seen from this CS. Coming from someone who has lived through the likes of Kotite, Coslet, Walton & Herm that is saying an awful lot.

11. Bozomojo

Bozomojo New Member

I for one would like to know what goes on behind closed doors during the preparation of the game plans each week. I cannot fathom why we play so consistantly "poor" against bad teams while playing "well" against good teams.

12. JetsLookingforDWare

So...should the fact that only 2 of 11 starters on our D are going to the Pro Bowl get in the way of this?

Or is it a legit reason still just because?

Anyone who thinks players TACKLING ability, or the lack thereof, is on the coaches is delusional or a dope.

Seriously...tackling?

Penalties? Coaches KILL players for penalties. I didn't know our coaching staff was actually pushing our players into committing them.

What exactly do you guys think a HC job is? Babysitting or something? Teaching guys paid way more than them to do the basics of their job? REALLY?

Theres tons of reasons to knock the coaching staff, 90% of the ones on this site are just noise/fan fodder BS.

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Mangini Has To Go!!!

14. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Fat ass is never fired up.. Same post game speech every week.

15. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I've been noting that our Candy-cane stick ST coach is the first to go. He blew the field goal try because we ran out of time. The special team FG kicking unit should have been on the side line ready to go after the stop....not saunter out!
    He blew 3 thats 3 fake punt coverages and we got burned.
    Spends way too much time in Mangini's ear trying to be Don Shula. To pissed to list all the other observations.

16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

amen to that

17. Beamen

Beamen New Member

A defensive scheme which constantly puts players out of position results in attempted arm tackles. Attempted arm tackles don't work. We've seen a lot of it the last few weeks....

Seriously man, anyone who's ever stepped on a football field can tell you that if the scheme stinks, the players' individual production goes down, because of that simple fact. Acting like it's unheard of that poor tackling falls largely on the coaching staff shows a real void in understanding of the game

#17 Beamen, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  18. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If you want to know how much this coaching staff sucks, just ask Feeley. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a kicker pissed of at the coaching staff? I've been watching football for a long time and this has got to be a first. At least Feeley has the balls to tell this coaching staff that they are a bunch of bozos. As for Favre, he is a $12M pussy who is paid to keep his mouth shut about the coaching staff. He's nothing but a shill who was brought in to scam cash out of Jets fans.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I thought Feeley was going to lose his mind there for a minute... Man, was he pissed or what.

20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

it's a combination of bad coaching and poor execution by the players. That's what it is. it's not one or the other.