Admit it trading for Favre was a mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 15, 2008.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The first post is so horrible its not even funny. All Favre has done for us was beat the Cardinals and throw 6 td's in that game?

1. No way we beat NE on Thursday Night without Favre.
    2. No way we beat TN without Favre.
    3. No way Jones has all these TD's without Favre.
    4. No way our QB would have the most INT's in the league without Favre. haha.
    5. No way would I feel confident when we are down, without Favre. He is a winner.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I think that's the one thing I'm disappointed in, especially after the first one of the year was the TD bomb to Cotchery. At least overthrow it and have an incomplete pass, it seems like his long misses all get picked.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Either look at the tape, or listen to the postgame, and stop wallowing in ignorance.

The one that bounced of Coles' foot can't be blamed on Favre.

And on the other one he had Cotchery open, deep. He underthrew the ball. It happens.

It wasnt a blind toss like the one Stuckey hauled in at Miami in week 1.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This is the exact reason I dont want favre back. He gets credit for everything we do right and is not accountable when he does something wrong or does nothing at all.

5. The Dark Knight

I don't know how you can disagree with my post. Its all true I would say. I even put in his league leading INT's. That is holding him accountable I would say.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It wasn't all true bro. It was all specualtion.

1. No way we beat NE on Thursday Night without Favre.
    -No way we beat them without leon johnson either?

2. No way we beat TN without Favre.
    -How many points did our defense allow that day again?

3. No way Jones has all these TD's without Favre.
    -That is beyond rediculous. We have a short passing game where safties cheat all the time

4. No way our QB would have the most INT's in the league without Favre. haha.

5. No way would I feel confident when we are down, without Favre. He is a winner.

You feel confident when we are down?

We have trailed in 7 games this year. Five of them were a loss. Yesterday we won but not because favre lead us back. His only comeback was against the mighty Chiefs with a terrible pass that coles caught one handed in the end zone.

I wish I had your confidence.

#106 ouchy, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Even after a half dozen people explain why this was not possible people still post this misinformation. Read the thread.

8. The Dark Knight

I am not talking about a team game though. All of my statements are assuming Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens was the starter. Not knocking other players on the team for their great efforts.

9. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

You are either

1)Favre's wife
    2) A 3 yr old( You could be 40 but you have the mind of a 3 yr old)
    3)An ESPN analyst because of the "man love" they and you show for Brett Favre

10. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

How many times have we seen Favre go 3 and out when we have needed his offense to score or even take time off the clock? Too many at this point of his career he's not the QB he was for GB during their run.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

All this Chad garbage is going to end in 2 weeks. The very reason we traded for Favre and let Chad go will be shown when Pennington comes in and can't whip the ball around the way he does in sunny South Florida. Of course with our luck it'll be 70 no wind and sunny that last weekend in December. A night game in the cold and wind means Chad will turn into last year's Chad..... the one that wasn't that good.

12. Italian Seafood

Except the best games he ever had for us were in late December/early January at the Meadowlands--one vs Favre's team. That's kind of stuck in my head right now, that ominous rematch of Week 17. Hopefully it goes Favre's way this time.

13. The Dark Knight

2. 40 year old with 3 year old mind. You caught me. :)

14. Barry the Baptist

We may be on complete opposites when it comes to politics but when it comes to this team and the players I agree with you on almost everything you post.

The Coles drop (which led to the bizarre INT) turned the whole game around. Without that I honestly believe it's 21-3 before the Bills even know what hits them.

The other INT should have pinned the Bills inside the 20 but nobody in the area to make a tackle was about as equal to a Roscoe Parrish punt return. It definately was no chuck into triple coverage plus he got hit as he was releasing the ball. His fault but it wasn't an awful toss.

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Just like it was when the Dolphins played the Bill in Canada, home field advantage for the Bill my ass. Should of been outside with the wind blowing and in the 20's.

16. Barry the Baptist

That December/January you are referring to was before Chad had 2 shoulder injuries. I'm not worried about Chad coming in and throwing 3 TDs to beat us. I'm worried about Ricky and Ronnie running for 200 yards to beat us. That's not on Favre it's on Sutton and the D.

17. Italian Seafood

He's pretty far past those surgeries now, probably throwing as well as he ever has. Plus, the stuff we can't stop is what he excels at, the short and medium passes. But yeah, if we can't stop the run it won't matter, same for them.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Bump . . .

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It's too early to say. There are 2 weeks left in the regular season and this team could still go on a run.

Interesting figures:
    The Dolphins have won 5 games while scoring less than 20 points. The Jets have won zero games when scoring less than 20 points. The Jets have won 4 games where there opponents scored 24 or more. The Dolphins have won zero games when there opponents scored at least 24.

20. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The one stat I do not like is Favre's 6.8 yds per pass attempt (20th in the NFL). He averaged 7.8 yds last season with GB. Whether or not he should have been signed is a done deal and we have to live with it, for better or for worse. Could the money he is being paid been put to better use for the team? Hell yeah, but that's Woody's problem.

The primary purpose of bringing Favre to the Jets was to make the team competitive in the short term and increase interest, so Woody can have a better chance of selling the PSL scam to the season ticket holders. Unfortunately, this will hurt the team big time in the long run, due to a mediocre 1st Round Pick next season and not being able to develop a QB for the future during the one or two seasons Favre hangs around. Favre bringing this team a Super Bowl trophy was nothing but a marketing illusion from the very beginning.