Admit it trading for Favre was a mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 15, 2008.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Got to get an early start he probably is our QB next year. :lol:

2. DolfanTom

DolfanTom New Member

I can tell you, we Dolfans are looking forward to it. Been too long since we were relevant past Week 8.

Chad coming our way was the key. If he went to - say - the Chiefs, we'd be 5-9 right now, maybe 6-8 if we were lucky. Chad gave us legitimacy at QB for the first time in about a decade.

I can't blame you, though, for trading for Favre. I mean, who couldda saw this coming the way it has??

3. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

You could have had Favre,Steve Young or Y.A. Tittle. No one was winning with that poor excuse of an offensive line we had last year.AS far as Favre's concerned the amount of good play has been out weighed by his mediocre or even bad plays he has done. You take away Thomas Jones or even Washington's contribution this year and we would be just as bad with Favre as we were with Pennington.Favre has 2 weeks to prove me wrong that he's not a washed up former great sticking around to pick up a paycheck.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Maybe. I'd like to see Ratliff get a fair chance if Favre doesn't come back, unless we luck into somebody else, but I don't know if that's the way to plan every year. Favre was kind of the exception.

5. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

And the Dolphins are lucky as heck. SF big time outplayed them, outgained them yesterday. Pennington has been getting lucky with these prays he's been throwing up to these average receivers... Jets ain't losing to them. The Seattle game is the game that scares me.

6. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

If Favre was all about the paycheck, he would have jumped on the $25,000,000 the Packers were offering him to stay away.

7. Italian Seafood

Nobody was even talking about Miami as a possible destination for Chad. Most people speculated that if he did leave the Jets somehow, he'd end up in KC with Herm or in Minnesota. I was shocked when he went to Miami the next day and even more shocked that you guys are where you are now. As much of a Chad fan that I am, I thought he went there for the most money and a chance to stick it to the Jets for a game, not a season.

8. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Parcells was a godsend for you Fish fans.Chad was just the right "hold the fort guy" your team needed. It wouldn't suprise me if you guys beat us and possibly even win a game in the playoffs.Chad has the smarts to carve up our
    pass coverage.

9. Italian Seafood

I don't know. Chad thrives in the short passing game which is exactly what we can't stop every game. We're not getting beaten with bombs, we're getting picked apart. If Tyler Thigpen, Shaun Hill and JP Losman can do it, Chad can do it. We need to score points in that game and run effectively, using up time. A good time to get back to those long, clock-killing drives.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

has it worked out as well as i had hoped? no. but it wasn't a mistake. sure chad is having a good year for the phins but its not like he has turned them into an offensive juggernaut. and favre has helped us do stuff that chad would not have. the first one that comes to mind is ot vs the pats. anyone who thinks chad can execute that drive the way favre did is so far onto the chadwagon that its not worth discussing with them.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I think Ratliff and Clemens both get their shot but it also wouldn't surprise me if we bring in another Vet like Garcia? I can't see Favre hanging on another season. He looks worn down to me and as much as people think he's a cold weather QB December and January isn't kind to old bodies.

12. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

You could always go hold the fort with them? It's not too late.

13. Italian Seafood

Haha, I know that first hand.

Yeah, it's been Mangini's way to have open competition, so I imagine that's what we'd have. For Clemens it would be his third shot, for Ratliff really his first. You would need a veteran somewhere in the mix if a good one comes available, I agree.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I can bother reading through this whole thread, but what exactly is it about Brett Favre that people didn't understand before we traded for him? He's everything in New York that he was in Green Bay. He has magnificent moments, but he also has disastrous mistakes. Times when he can't be stopped, and other when he looks just average. This is what we got. This is also why Green Bay wanted to move on to something new - they couldn't deal with the disastrous moments (particularly in the playoffs) anymore. But for those of us who didn't think that Chad could bring us any further - like me - we got the best new alternative. If all we did yesterday is concentrate on stopping the run and MADE JP Losman beat us, the game wouldn't have been close. The ending proved that point.

15. DolfanTom

DolfanTom New Member

The Jets were lucky as heck that J.P. Lossman was the Quarterback for the opposing team! :lol:

16. DolfanTom

DolfanTom New Member

If we are to beat you, it'll be more because of our defense. Save for the Patriots game, we haven't been scoring a lot of points lately. But when you give up exactly ZERO TDs in three games, you're in good shape. We're good for up to 17 points in the Meadowlands as I see it. Keeping you above or below that line will determine victory or defeat.

And we can't let you guys have the ball for 2/3 of the game either, like we did for the Niners yesterday. TOP has been a strength of ours, save for yesterday.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You are a f**king idiot.

18. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

OMG...not even I will come to this point.

This thread is pointless, and prolly started by the same person that wanted CP outta here as well.

I'll blast the coaches all day long...but I think our talent is as good as its been in decades.

19. Italian Seafood

We can't have the D on the field with Chad converting 3rd and 5 with 6-yard passes all game. Then the line will wear down and they'll run Brown down our throats like Buffalo was doing with Lynch. We need to control the TOP with Jones and Favre mixing it up, and hope Leon breaks a play or two.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Favre has run an above average offense about average. The last 3 weeks he has been below average.

I have almost no faith in his ability to bring us back when we lose the lead. Without our spectaular running game he would be throwing many more INT. Also, he may be throwing the worst deep ball in the league.