Admit it trading for Favre was a mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Dec 15, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

The defense gets manhandled so then it's up to our HOF QB to lead the team and take the offense on a game winning drive,not 3 and out and thinking about hunting season.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So Favre plays defense now? Didn't know that. Which position is he playing now?

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Right, everyone loves to talk about Chad and his piddly amount of TDs, and blames Favre for problems on D. How many points do the Jets have to score for the O to get some credit? How about the D step up for a change and make a 3 and out stop.

It's crazy around here.

4. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Did you even bother to watch the game yesterday? Our HOF QB (who is making $13M this year) plays 1/2 of the first quarter and then disappears. This guy was brought in to throw TD passes and win games not lead the lague in int's or 3 and out drives that go nowhere!

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i guess the 24 points the offense put up yesterday were a gift from Jesus.

God Bless us...everyone - Tiny Tim.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Right, if we don't outscore the other team we lose, except the fact that our D couldn't stop a run-away shopping cart and the O needs to score in the 40s every game.

That's Favre's fault.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's time to get a life and get over your petty little misery that somebody not named Pennington may get this team to the playoffs. I really don't care if he throws 100 more INTs as long as he throws enough TDs to have January mean something.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's really only the Chadosexuals who make it crazy around here, but they do call attention to themselves, unfortunately. It's like the obviously crazy person walking down the street yelling at some inner demons - you know he's probably just suffering from some brain dysfunction, and nothing will be gained by paying him the least bit of attention, but you feel compelled to at least notice him, out of some mix of a perceived common humanity and a simultaneous sense of horror at how wrong human experience can sometimes be.

9. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Best thing we ever did was let noodle arm go .... The Dolfags are winning with DEFENSE something we are lacking and Favre has no control over ... They haven't let up a TD in 3 straight games, doesn't take much of a quarterback to guide an NFL team to 1 TD in a game for each of the last 3 weeks ... Hell even JP Losman can do it

10. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I totally disagree. I'd like to see Favre stay another year. When he is more familiar with the system and his teammates, I think he'll play better.

11. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

I got some bad news for all fans thinking playoffs. Think 2009 because it's not happenong in 2008. The Jets are terrible and have been in every facet of the game for the last 3 weeks.Our offense has been sporadic at best. Our defense has been putrid. Our vaunted Special teams have been miserable. There's no way on God's earth this team beats the Fish in our last game.

12. Big Blocker

This is the kind of thinking that Chad Fans try to insinute in here as some kind of received wisdom, beyond any discussion.

How do the Jets owe Chad anything? He played nine games last season and went 1-8. He threw several pick sixes. He was given the chance to win the starting position in camp and failed to impress.

He was also overpaid for virtually his entire time with the Jets.

If he's doing well in Miami, he can credit the Jets for letting him go in a way that left him free to go to a division opponent.

13. Big Blocker

And that would suit you fine. Well, I hope the Jets win and disappoint you.

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Schottenheimer has Favre running the Pennington offense. What do people expect?

15. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

I was joking yesterday, that they Favre or Cotch should switch unforms and play defense.

16. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Listen I'm just be realistic here.I hope the Jets go all the way to the SB but you can't turn a blind eye to what is happening here. You are witnessing what has happened to too many Jet teams throughout their history. This team never finishes a season and they never win in December. Minus the Parcells era this team has a history of losing games they should win.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That's toughness. Toughness comes from the coaches. We have none.

Even if the Jets make the playoffs, barring a Super Bowl win, I think they still need to take a strong look at Bill Cowher this offseason.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

get off the Pipe.

Who's in First?

China Doll Chad (aka Ole Noodle Arm) has played well enough in Miami, but not well enough to win here.

He's thrown 12 TD's.

Thats right 12.

Vs. NE? Ummmm NE got caught as did two or three other teams, by the Wildcat.

Take away the wildcat, and Miami is probably two games worse than current.

Also, consider the fact that he's playing in much better conditions, including the gift from Buffalo.

The real difference is Dan Henning is a much better OC than Schottenheimer.

If those two roles were reversed we'd have 13 wins right now.

(p.s... tell me againg about how the consecutive starts thing...)

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We won yesterday, in December against a division rival. We are 4 & 1 against division rivals. We have two winable games ahead. The past has nothing to do with this year. This year stands on its own.

20. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Ditto. And especially if we get a quality speed receiver. I think that would free up Cotch and Coles a lot more.