Watching Monday Night Football.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSFAN1290, Dec 8, 2008.

1. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

WHY cant the NYJETS throw the ball downfield like other teams and be succesful Tampa Bay and Carolina are doing it .Many blamed Chads weak arm now Favre is our QB.

WHY isnt our coach like John Gruden or John Fox who show enthusiasm and fire as your team kicks ass.

What the hell is wrong with the NYJETS.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I said the exact same thing when Bryant made that grab. He had two DB's around him but the ball was perfectly placed and right on the money. Is Antonio Bryant better than Lav Coles? Does Jeff Garcia have a stronger arm than Brett Favre? I am simply baffled as to why we have the Noodle-arm playbook but no longer Noodle Arm throwing the damn ball.....

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Yeah because Jon Gruden, the "Offensive Genius" has such a high-powered offense...

Dude his offense has never been good for such a Genius...His red-zone TDs are only better than the Rams!

The Jets problem? I have no idea...Dump it to Keller.

4. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I dont see any logical flow to the Jets' gameplans.

They have the leading rusher in the AFC, but there was no intention to use him on the run to set up the pass.

There is a lack of cohesiveness in the way the defensive schemes are called, too. And i think thats a big reason why the players dont look like they are playing cohesively.

And i know that all of you know by now that i think mangini is a turd.

5. uberchink

uberchink New Member

we're still trying to set up the run with the pass. it's worked in some weeks but it's time to start relying on going run first and trying to open up the pass.

and that doesn't mean running on every freaking 1st down. it means running on 2nd or 3rd too. and then mixing in the pass on any of the downs to mix things up.

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Maybe, but I've been watching football a long time, and i just dont get a feel for what they are trying to do with the gameplan. I have mentioned before that i think they are sometimes too clever for their own good. It's like they dont want anyone to think they have any tendencies, so they go away from what they should be doing.

7. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

In a word? Yes.

He runs better routes, and has a little bit more speed, then Coles. Coles might have better hands, but Bryant has only ever lacked one thing, and that was a QB that can actually play in the NFL. Remember, he had Alex Smith as his guy in SF for the last few years.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets will probably be 8-8 tops next year against the NFC South and AFC South.

9. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

First, Bryant played one season in San Francisco.

This is evidently the new weapon of Favre apologists. Pennington is going to throw for over 3000 yards with the star-studded cast of Greg Camarillo (now IRed), Davone Bess, Ted Ginn, and Anthony Fasano. Good QBs make bad WRs better.

Suddenly, Coles (1098 yards, 6 TD in 2006) and Cotchery (961 yards, 6 TD in 2006) are no longer good receivers and are being compared to Antonio freakin Bryant who's bounced from team to team every year. I'm not even going to use stats from last season since Kellen Clemens couldn't hit the broad side of the barn but this is just more scapegoating for the Jets overall offensive failures.

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Speaking of that...Do you know the home and away games for the Jets next season?(Just want to know the Tampa Bay game really)

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its on the official site.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

What's cry-inducing about that is the fact that the great teams in this league know their identity and tendencies and they do them anyway, because they know they can outplay you every single down. Those teams are not afraid to do what works to win, no matter how predictable it seems.

Those teams have balls.

The Jets are big vaginas.

its really sad.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Jets will go to New Orleans, Houston, Indianapolis, and Tampa Bay in 2009.

They will also play somebody from the AFC West. It's likely the Jets will go to Denver or San Diego.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Really really nice TD catch there

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

RE: Bryant

That TD catch he just made was similar to the one John Jefferson made against Cincinnati in 1980. The Jefferson one was even better.

16. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Is Bryant better than Coles? YES

Coles is pretty much done I think. I don't think he's recovering from all his injuries... he's pretty old and he's starting to show it.

17. throwback54milkman

throwback54milkman New Member

that was a sick catch

18. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Look - they went through the three other teams he has been on: None of which at the time had comprable QB's. Have you watched him play? THe guy has all the talent.

As for pennington: He/s a different type of QB. I am NOT saying Cotch and Coles are not good WR's, I am saying, however, they are not good route runners. You can still be successful without that ability being great, but someone on the team has to be good at it. Hey, maybe Keller si that guy, time will tell.

19. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Singletary- Balls
    Shanahan- Balls
    Mangini- mangina
    Sutton- ?

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Who just saw a cup thrown at Steve Young? It HITS the set and bounces up at Young! He looks over to the crowd, stunned, then continues...Then he and Emmitt scowl into the crowd to see who did it...

Hilairous!