Coaching rumor...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Dec 7, 2008.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Cant blame Sutton? Are you serious?

How about playing a little man to man pass defense instead of zone all the time?
    There is no reason why you can't play man-to-man with Revis, Law & Lowery going up against the likes of 72 yr old Isaac Bruce, Bryant Johnson + Jason Hill.
    You let a 3rd string depth guy pick apart your zone pass D all game long with no adjustments? You dont blitz a CB from his blindside?

There is plenty of blame to go around...........but to give the D coordinator a pass is hard to believe.

#21 wewantsapp, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dick leBeau is 71 years old, I doubt he goes anywhere but retirement.

3. abyzmul

The same goes for Belichick without Crennel and Weiss.

4. sect105

sect105 New Member

Does anyone ever blame the players? The team as a whole has had two piss poor lackluster games.

I see the defense try blitzes, only to get stuffed up. How many times did harris Blitz and get no where. Lowery from the edge only to whiff. Pace and thomas also stuffed up.

Completions coming with 3 guys standing around.

Giving up multiple 3rd and longs.

5. abyzmul

I definitely blame the players, but do you ever see anyone, be it Sutton, Mangini or Shotty, getting in their faces when they come out as flat as they have in the past 2 weeks? It's hard to blame the players when the coaches don't seem to get it.

6. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This is a great point. This, and the fact that our defense makes ZERO half-time adjustments to the gameplan, whatever that plan may be. It's really insane.

7. sect105

sect105 New Member

I understand what you say, but just because a coach does not employ an in your face style, does not mean that they are/are not good coaches.

This is football...I understand coaching means a lot, but players need to play hard and execute.

Using last game as an example, How many 3rd and longs were converted from SF? If Coaching is the problem, then why is the defense making plays on 1st and 2nd down, but not on 3rd down? You mean to tell me that the Coach is calling good plays only when the defense makes a good play.

8. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I don't think anyone is saying that every single play called in every single game sucks ass. The point is the majority of the play calling sucks. 3rd and longs get converted when you have no pass rush and call a cover-5, which promises to have even less pass rush than you're already generating in the first place.

9. njjet

njjet Member

How about Rob Ryan from the Radiers for DC?

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I doubt it. He's the only one, coach or player, who seems to WANT to be out there in Oakland. Weirdo.

11. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

The same could be asked about Mangini.....

12. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

If the Jets continue to lose, Romeo might be here next year as the HC!:lol:

13. abyzmul

When the defensive midfield is the problem every game from week one, the CS stops getting a pass from me.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm not saying Sutton is a good coach. I think everyone knows I've disliked him since the day he became the DC.

That's not the point.

The point is, no matter what scheme is called, the defense refuses to execute it. That's not Sutton's fault.

Is he an idiot and a poor coach? Yes. Would any coach have more success with this defensive unit? Doubtful.

15. abyzmul

Why would you want Rob Ryan? His defense has been one of the worst in the league for the past 2 seasons. Even with some very good players.

16. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico New Member

lets get dick lebeau as our head coach. hahah prob wont happen.

how bout their lb's coach? the steelers always have a strong linebacking core that somehow always finds its way to the quarterback (see porter, woodley, harrison). lets promote him to DC and see what he's got.

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Id only entertain Cowher coming in here. Many will say its too earily to turn away from Mangini, but I suggest its too late to try this all over again. Brett is out of here after this years and Just might play a peek-a boo and wind up on another team in a year or two for "One last shot". Since we will be starting all over again , why not do it the right way from the head coaching spot all the way on down. Think about it! What next for the Jets after Farve. Brett Ratliff ? Kellen Clemens? Or an off season reach for more mediaocracy? win or die !

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Don't get your hopes up... I have heard that Cowher is extremely satisfied working the broadcast bit. It's got to be a better gig, and what else does he have to prove on a football sideline?

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

We can only know what we see from the sidelines on Sunday, but if you look at the model of Pats, who we have been fingered as emulating, I don't recall seeing many bitching sessions on the sidelines of the Pats either during games. I think when they are behind closed doors they act a bit differently. Not many coaches in the league seem to be as animated and all as Singletary was on Sunday. The same may be true for Jets coaches. Or maybe they don't get it.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

why do people keep calling for Rob Ryan to be here?....his defensive schemes haven't been anything special...and he WANTS to be in Oakland...which is crazy in its own right. I don't want that ape anywhere near our D.

I suggest going after someone like Rex Ryan...at least his defenses have been consistently in the top 5 over the last few seasons...i think he would be a great HC..and he can teach the defense how to PLAY defense...we'd kill 2 birds with one stone.