Jets Are Inconsistent?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 30, 2008.

1. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Correct sir.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Thanks for the patronizing post.

When I say inconsistent, I mean our playcalling and performance on the field. One week it looks as if we can do nothing wrong, and the next week everything that can go wrong does.

It would be different if we lost a close game, but we were beat pretty badly. It's an Oakland loss all over again.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

how is losing to a division leader the same as losing to oakland?

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Today was not a performance that is consistent with the last month or so......too bad we lost though. We needed this one...and we still have a couple tough ones to play.

5. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

What's your definition of consistent? We're 8-4, that means we lose 1 for every 2 that we win. That means we win 66% of the time right? Is that consistent to you?

Weren't the Bills 5-1 at that point? How'd that turn out for them?

We got smoked today. We're still the #3 seed I believe, but there are now 4 teams with the same or better record than us in the AFC.

We can still win out. We should win out. But there's no way we can get the #1 now, and the #2 seems pretty unlikely as well.

The worst part is the teams we have lost to. The Raiders, Pats in Cassel's first start, Chargers and now Broncos. Those are pretty crappy teams for the most part. SB talk is a joke for the team right now imo, we will be lucky to get to the AFCC round.

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

This "division leader" just got finished getting dominated by those same Raiders. If we had won, they'd be a .500 team. They are the worst division in the AFC. Basically, we just lost to the Fins or Bills.

7. TurkJetFan

by what your saying we are going to end up 11 - 5.....is an 11 - 5 team inconsistent?

8. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Actually I'm hoping we end up 12-4. 12-4 is a pretty good record.

You can't just put down wins though, as this game has shown. Right now, at this point in time, the Jets are a 66% win team, and that is definitely inconsistent. 12-4 is 75%. I dunno, where do you draw the line?

I like to actually watch the games and determine the level of play, but for a lot of people that is impossible to grasp. So I'm giving you a win-loss record instead, since it's really simple and easy to understand.

For comparison's sake, let's imagine you have a heart attack. Let's say you go to a doctor. The guy has a 66% chance of getting the treatment right. The rest of the time he screws up and you die. Do you consider him inconsistent? Are you confident in trusting that guy?

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Actually, Jets fans are consistently bipolar, at least when it comes to bitching and moaning.

The Jets won 5 games in a row, 2 against elite teams. They just ran into a team that they dont match up the best against, and on a wet, sloppy day. We lost, move on.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Nah we havent been inconsistant but shit we were rocked today and looked like shit in the process.

11. TurkJetFan

so at 8 - 4 this team has been inconsistent? they have played a few poor games...but that will happen...

to me inconsistent is when you cant put a string of wins together...that is inconsistent to me...

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The only consistent team in the NFL this year is the Lions. Everyone else has had erratic games.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the Jets match up very well against the Bronco defense. The Jets game plan was garbage, however. The Jets should have run the ball down Denver's throat, even in the second half when behind. Denver can't stop the run and it would have kept the Denver O off the field. Add the weather to the mix and throwing 43 passes to 19 runs is a joke and the blame lies firmly with the CS for that.

14. hendersg

hendersg New Member

What, we're an elite team...?

15. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Without the weather, passing on the Broncos isn't a big deal. Plus even with the weather, they didn't really have any problems passing against us. The Broncos defense is one of the worst defenses in the league. They can't stop either the pass or the run, especially with Champ Bailey out.

Favre deserves a share of the blame for this loss too. That INT was ugly.

16. TurkJetFan

did i use the word elite once in that post?

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The wind took that ball.

18. TurkJetFan

there was no need to even throw that ball since there was wind...the offense was moving the chains and he should of stayed away from that one entirely

19. gunny

gunny Banned

So does the excuse fly for the Titans last week?

Or do you just use the 6 new starters excuse?

20. Salz

Salz New Member

The rushing D's performance today concerns me. That may not be an aberration just because the team itself was 'due' to have a fuckup. Their pass D has also been a problem all year, and it could end up being our downfall this season.