Deion Sanders answer to if Jets are the Best team in the AFC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by inSANITy, Nov 23, 2008.

1. uberchink

uberchink New Member

nothing better than two hated franchises coming together because of an even stronger hate for another franchise :beer:

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It sounds like the brilliant analysis of Digger Phgelps about the '05 heels. he didn't think they'd win the National Title b/c in a game against UConn the Huskies had about 15 blocks of heels shots even though shorthanded the heels still beat UConn on the road. He harped on that the rest of the way, I haven't seen the Sharpe quotes but the way it's been described here it sounds like he is harping on the Raider game the same way.

3. FinFanInCali

FinFanInCali New Member

:up::beer:

4. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Shannon Sharpe and Deon Sanders: Two of the biggest egomaniac's to ever play the sport. Just Look at Shannon's horse teeth and you understand what his problem is. Just watch Deon T.V. Show and you can see what his problem is . To hell with these former players!

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

it's kinda sad, but this is probably the last week we will have posts like this in TGG, forcing nfl 'experts' to eat crow.

even peter king is not so silly as to pick against us again for the rest of the season.

welcome to being the 'odds on favorites'. this is new territory

6. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

deion sanders is the same guy that would also suck a dick for cash....just ignore this asshole

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone can explain the notion why What Sanders says should be a concern to Jet fans. I really don't care about him or any other haters, except to enjoy when they make fools of themselves.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The Titans reminded me of Mike Tyson in that first fight with Holyfield. Remember the look on Tyson's face when he got those first shots from Holyfield? He was like "oh shit, i'm not used to this, what do i do now"? That was the Titans, when we scored on our first drive. They had no idea how to handle us.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Deion Sanders wasn't hired for his expertise in the game, he was hired because he's a loudmouth and dresses like a pimp. His opinion is negligible, kind of like Joe Theismann.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Respect is overrated. Who gives a damn about respect. They won the fucking game. This isn't the military, it's a game.

There're always going to be different opinions. In this case Deon thinks the Titans played like crap. That's fine. Anyone who watched the game knows the Titans played like crap because they got stomped. It tends to happen when you lose to a better team: You look like you had a bad day.

We could play them again tomorrow and have the same result, without a doubt.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Hey Deon, MC Hammer called. He wants his wardrobe back.

12. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

Deion Sanders is a f**** Head

Stayed up last night to watch the NFL network higlight show with Mariucci and Deion. That bag licker Deion never gives the Jets one ounce of respect. He laughed when the others on the pannel considered the Jets the front runners in the AFC and laughed again when a Jets Giants Superbowl was mentioned. Guess we should have some fuckheads on our team like T.O., Ocho or Pacman for him to consider us a contender. I don't usually get upset with commentators, but this ass never has anything positive to say about the Jets and it's pissing me off.

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Ever notice that all the troublemakers and idiot announcers (Michael Irvin, Deion, Keyshawn Johnson) are all black?
    In all fairness, so is Tom Jackson, who next to Jaws, is the best out there. But still, there are a disproportionately high number of African Americans who disgrace the NFL.

14. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

My favorite all time has to be Chris Berman, this guy is a class act and has the pull to get president interviews.

Honorable mention:
    Jaws
    Steve Young
    Tom Jackson
    Mike Patrick (love it when he says...."did you see that!" If you've heard it you would know it)

I also really liked when Parcells was an analyst.

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Race has nothing to do with it, there are incompenent announcers of all races in the NFL

16. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Well, Deon just called Brett Favre and Kris Jenkins MVP candidates. Go figure

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

well he joined the small list of people I dont like who say something everyone should be saying.

1)Peter King
    2)Chris Collinsworth
    3)Deion Sanders

the "kris jenkins MVP" mention club.

the funny thing about Deion is hes either dead right, or dead wrong. which is funny to watch. at least hes not Tony Kornheiser.

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I love Deion, you guys just watch too much pre-game bullshit.

19. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Hey, Chris Carter, on ESPN Radio, also said the titans are still the best, and used the loss to the raiders as an example saying the titans would never lose a game like that, but a team like the jets could.

Of course, the analyst also said that if the Jets played the raiders right now, it could be a 56-0 shut out. The radio guy was trying to point out that what you were early in the season doesn't mean that is what you are now. He also pointed out that ever since that raiders loss, the jets have not lost a game. Inf act, he said it could be pointed to as the turning point in the season, a wake up call.

Meaning, that loss may be why we are the better team today.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Too much pre-game bullshit. Heh.