"Theres not alot of games left for old Brett Favre."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Traveling

Traveling New Member

It's true with Brett you just never know what exactly he is saying or thinking. Everyone in GB thought there was no doubt he would be back with the Packers this year and then he retired. Then he came back. The best thing is to just leave him alone until after the season. Let him keep focusing on the Jets this year and helping this team win

2. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

I never knew how much a real gunslinger means to a team. This is a really fun time for all us fans

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I for one hope Ratliff is learning a lot on the practice field.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he is always around Brett 24/7... he's learning.

5. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

With regard to this, could someone who knows more about other NFL teams besides the Jets than I do tell me how Favre's backups over the years have done? Who has backed him up and where are they now?

6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Favre is a stud and hopefully he will continue to kick some ass. How many people his age could even do what he does? Go Jets! Go Favre!

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Rodgers.

Fucking Nice.

8. Mr. Papagiorgio

Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, and Aaron Brooks have all made Pro Bowls and backed up Favre. There have been other starters in the league too such as Detmer, Pederson, Rodgers, and a few others. Kurt Warner was there a summer, so not sure if that counts.

9. Heatseeker

Heatseeker New Member

I'm glad you Jets fans get to enjoy having #4 on your team. To be honest, you deserve him more than the Packers do. There's still plenty of people out there, Packer fans that slander the guy like he's the worst person in the world for simply wanting to play football again.

10. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I'm honestly just enjoying watching him play now, very much in the moment.

He's 39 years old, I couldn't imagine what his body goes through when we wakes up on Monday.

11. uberchink

uberchink New Member

yeah it's pathetic. they worship him for 16 years then toss him away like he never meant anything to them.

12. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

It's actually a pretty amazing list, even longer than what people have posted here: http://iqfb.com/2007/11/05/brett-favres-backups-through-the-years/

Not included on that list is Kurt Warner, whose first NFL camp was with the Packers. They cut him and he ended up spending the next few years playing Arena ball and bagging groceries at a HyVee in Iowa (no joke).

The most infamous Favre backup QB, however, is probably also the most obscure: T. J. Rubley (google him and I'm sure you'll learn all about "the audible" -- you long suffering Jets fans think you are the only ones cursed by bizarre things like fake spikes, lol).

13. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

There was an article in SI tht described it; it takes him like 20 minutes to stand up and get to the bathroom or something, after a particularly rough game.

And that was over 10 years ago.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

couldnt agree with you more on that

that being said, i mentioned to my father today, how fortunate we are to get to see him play every sunday. He reminds me of why I love the game. He has a genuine passion for the game and plays like no one else. No one plays with more emotion than favre and thats the best thing about a player to me. In a way he really does fit on the jets too. He almost fits in with the jets the same way testraverde did. The spontaneity and demeanor are just consistent with jets football in my opinion. (obviously two very different players not to be compared) It makes for exciting football and thats what keeps jet fans from throwing in the towel (or the noose). The road may be arduous but goddamn its some good football. Whenever that superbowl does come (if not now then when) who will appreciate it more than jet fans?

15. favre4halloffame

favre4halloffame New Member

"My career in Green Bay was awesome. Was better than awesome,'' he said. "Will I have a 16-year career in New York? I doubt it. But I'm going to try to lump 16 into one and see what happens.''

I just laughed when I read this quote from Favre, that middle part makes it sound as though he actually thought about the possibility of him playing 16 more years.

16. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I think if we win enough games to make it fun for him BF will come back for another year.

17. Heatseeker

Heatseeker New Member

Yes it is..... But as in all communities, you'll have your haters.

That's what exists in the present moment with Favre and the Packers. There are those that really never liked him, and now that he's playing for another team, now have the perfect excuse to slander him. Too bad he's having such a good season or they might actually have a basis to their pathetic arguments :D