Passing on Young would like being

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

the year we past on Dan Manrio. I would bet anybody on here 5 years down the line we will regret passing on him. This man is a beast. just take a look at his films the man has the total package.

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I can see how that helps him with the ladies, but not with football.

3. nyjballandbeer51

nyjballandbeer51 New Member

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

sorry not a fag.

5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think Vince in a few years could be a better player than Donovan McNabb. Having said that I still like Brick and Mario better than Vince. If the Jets really like Vince and they take him I will support it all the way.

6. PennyandtheJets

I don't think he was implying that.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

if we take Mario then I can see this new era has not a clue on what there doing. Why get rid of a proven DE and draft one that you don't really know what your getting.

8. PennyandtheJets

You don't know what you are getting with young either though so where's your argument?

9. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

Why select another DE? Size. Heart (maybe - not sure about the whole couldn't play in the playoffs a few years ago thing). Stopping the run. Verstaility (3 - 4 vs 4 - 3). DURABILITY. Character issues.

I'm not sure if I agree with getting rid of Abraham, but they definitely had some goiod reasons for what they did.

10. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Does he wear Axe?

11. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

another Young love fest... woohoo

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

you can say that about everybody in the draft. The only knock that I've heard is his throwing motion, but I really don't care about when the man is getting the job done. All you can do with anybody coming out of collage is go on what he did there and he proved he a winner and got a lot of heart.

13. PennyandtheJets

I agree, I like Vince alot as well, but Mario Williams performed just as well...he had 14.5 sacks last year...

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yeah sure Vince Young could be in a class with Donovan McNabb in a few years. At the same time though, he could easily be a bust and never end up starting a game... Granted all rookies are risks, this guy has way too many question marks to be a the 4th overall pick IMO.

15. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

I know I posted my thoughts on this somewhere else but it fits this topic much better!

Oh god No!!!!! Not Vince Young! If that happens I'm going to insert an IV to steadly numb me with alcohol until opening day of the season, and really crank it up when I watch guys like D'Brick, Mario, Hawk etc make instant contributions to their teams right away.
    I know of said it before but the Jets have so many needs to fill that I don't think we have time to take a project like Young with the 4th pick. Take the safe pick with D'Brick, or Mario.
    If we want a QB so bad I say the smart choice would be to offer up the 29th pick to Atlanta and get Schaub. That is their asking Price, from a proven west coast style, game tested QB. Why not didn't we give a 26th pick to the Raiders for Doug fricken Jolley? I never understood that move when we could of grabbed Heath Miller at that spot anyway?

16. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

...........passing on Randall Cunningham?

I am pretty ambivalent on Young but can we agree that his guy is at least a 2 year project?

17. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

If thats the case then it would be a no brainer to take Leinart over Young if both are available.
    Leinart showed as much heart as anyone, has been to 3(according to some) national championship games.
    He has proved to be a winner as well and got the job done several times.

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I can't see how you can pass on man with that much talent. I'm not trying to throw the race card out there but I think some people truthly believe blacks can not be great QB's in the NFL.

#18 #1 Jets Fan, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2006
  19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Atlanta wouldn't give us Schaub or their 15th pick for Abraham and made a deal to get the 29th to trade to us for Abe. They aren't giving us Schaub for the 29th pick back.

20. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Vince Young will not be Jet

Vince Young will not be a Jet, Rinse and Repeat, VInce Young will not be a Jet.

Not a prayer, not a wish. Don't give me this crap about Mangini not being Belichick or Parcells, because that is exaclty what he wants to be and they don't like flashy side arm QB's who don't play from under center.

He is a PROJECT. He may be in the HOF one day but it will not be in a Jets uniform. And for that matter I hope he really sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.