I hate the Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

www.jetsdaily.com

Before I get to my main post, go check out this AFC East Roundtable, focusing on the Jets-Pats game. I offer some thoughts in that article, as well as several other writers.

But it is just over one day until kickoff, and I for one am amped up. So let?s get to the game. But first, I?d like to get one thing out of the way.

I hate the New England Patriots.

I hate Bill Bellichick. I hated Tom Brady. I hate the way they are still winning games (including over the Jets) with a guy who hasn?t started a game since high school. I hate their fans, who usually root for the Boston Red Sox, another disgusting team. I hate that their smug attitude. I hate players like Rodney Harrison and Vince Wilfork, cheap shot artists whose antics are ignored because of the media?s man-love for the Patriots. Hell, I hate the fact ESPN is in Connecticut, also known as Patriots country.

But most of all, I hate their success, both in Super Bowls and against the Jets. Their three Super Bowl victories in the new millennium are two more than the Jets have in their history. They were the first 16-0 team in NFL history (though the ending was so fitting and so sweet). Most importantly, the Jets haven?t beaten them a home in eight seasons, and they haven?t had much more success in New England. Victories in 2006 and 2002 were extremely satisfying.

I?m far from alone in those sentiments, too. Clearly, Eric Mangini and Mike Tannenbaum are sick of being the Pats? patsies. Brett Favre, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins, and Calvin Pace prove that. So does newcomer Ty Law.

Even Shaun Ellis admits he feels the Patriots do not respect the Jets. And why should they? After all, the Patriots have simply been a different class of football team lately. Jets fans look fondly upon the 2002 season when the Jets were 9-7, won the division and one playoff game. We blame Doug Brien for costing us a shot at the AFC Championship game in 2004.

Patriots fans are disappointed with a season in which they went 19-1.

That?s the difference right now between the Jets and the Patriots, and it?s a big reason for an inferiority complex that began with the ?Same Old Jets? and has continued with the recent one-sided rivalry with the Patriots, whose rise to power is intertwined with the Jets, as Mo Lewis?s hit on Drew Bledsoe gave Brady the job, and Bellichick infamously resigned after one day as the ?HC of the NYJ,? only to take the same job up north.

But all dynasties eventually collapse. And Tom Brady?s gruesome injury is certainly a catalyst. But if the Jets want to be the team to dethrone the Patriots, the team must step up and take the division from them. Thursday night?s game is that opportunity. It?s not a must-win, but it?s hard to imagine the Jets winning the division while getting swept by the Patriots. It?s also a major mental block because if this team truly thinks it can be the best, it has to beat the best. Yes, they play the Titans next week, and a win there would cushion the blow if the Jets were to lose this week, but there is no doubt which game is more important to the team's psyche.

The Jets are third in the NFL in sacks and second in points. The team is gelling more and more each week, and for the first time in years, the running game is something opposing teams have to fear and respect. The Patriots are missing several starters, including Brady, Harrison, and Adalius Thomas, so the time to strike is now.

The task at hand is not easy. Thursday nights in Gillette Stadium are not conducive to opponents coming away with victories. The Patriots are 6-3 and playing well. But if the Jets want to accomplish big things this year, the objective is simple.

Beat the Patriots.

2. nicolab

nicolab Member

good post

totally agree

:up::jets:

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

4. Champ74

Champ74 Banned

Miami fan all the way - :beer:

I hate both teams but i hope the Pats kick your ass. :up:

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

are the jets on tonight?????

6. Champ74

Champ74 Banned

Another lost jet fan !!! :rofl:

7. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

#7 thejetsaddict, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  8. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Really, your a Mimi fan? Have you come to tell us how you would pick Chad over Farve any day of the week again? Or maybe your just here because Miami fans blow and there is nothing to talk about on your own board. Yep, thats it.

9. 17a_tailgater

you have got to be kidding me teal boy

10. 17a_tailgater

cant wait to see chad trying to throw in the meadowlands on dec 28
    his throws should be floating with that wind

11. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

I hope he throws more of his patented short "out" routes that flutter and hang in the wind either putting their receivers in harms way or getting intercepted because they are SO obvious. GO CHAD!

12. Champ74

Champ74 Banned

I post on the miami herald all the time !!

I post in here cause i can !! Soon there will be alot to talk about when Miami is leading the division or at least ahead of the sorry jets. :beer:

Chad over "pain killers" Favre all day long ! :rofl:

:martin: wasn't he a Patriot -

Big night for Randy Moss !! :up:

13. Champ74

Champ74 Banned

I hope Brett does his norm -- INT's baby !!! :shit:

Go Pats !!! kick there ass !!

14. Champ74

Champ74 Banned

Which way did he go George !! OMG !! IDIOT !! 90210 reruns are on ..:smile:

Teal all the way . :smile:

15. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

We all know you are stupid enough to not pick up on sarcasm, but to post about it twice is truly retarded, oh wait your a Miami fan I should have expected that.

16. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Well that explains a lot! The most recent post on those forums is from an hour ago, followed by 2 hours ago and then jumps to days ago . Wow, those fans are stirring up a racket over there. Man I officially feel bad for you, you have nowhere to go and post in a community of people who are actual fans. Jealousy is such a sad thing to witness champ.

You would make a good cheerleader though, I can see you blindly cheering for the Dolphins right through a terrible loss.:rofl:

#16 thejetsaddict, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

(a) Note the sarcasm, and (b) note this warning for name calling.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Phins troll...go away. You are not even amusing. Your posts are lame.

19. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

However, if the Jets lose tonight our entire division will look like a bunch of imbeciles if the Patriots are 7-3 with Matt fucking Cassel and the retirement home they call their Defense.

20. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

I will agree there. Wow, see Champ it is possible to post a message without being an ASS. You should take some lessons.