Thursday night suicide pact a thread for real Jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winstonbiggs, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL... I avoided this thread at first but, I'M In...

In reality, Suicide is the easy way out and I'll just try to numb the pain...

I am SUPER FIRED UP though - I feel like I can do the pregame speech - They need to Flat out STOMP the Pats - no mercy - I really think they could and should DOMINATE this game.... The 1st game was lost on mistakes and the kicking game with a ridiculous PI penalty leading to an INT.....

The OL should have that Goal Line stand in their mind ready to UNLEASH...

The DL should have images of Lamont Jordan and Faul sealing this game and be PISSED OFF!!!!!!

This Jets team should be Out of their Minds with Intensity come Tomorrow night!!!!

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You should be calling the game rather then Simms because he would not put it on the line the way you did in this post. Kudos to U & U know I totally agree that this is Mangini's & his staff signature game & certainly a must win game for us with TN next up on the horizon

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This is what I'm talking about! Jet Blue we are brothers in arms Thursday night see you in the game thread.

4. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Plus, leaving it up to the Miami game with Chad Pennington and I'm not sure if I could survive that week anyway....

Ugggghhhhhh..

5. winstonbiggs

Champ you go back further than anyone on this board except maybe one or two guys. The AFC is wide open the winner of this game has a path to the dance that is completely different than the loser. You don't get many shots you know that better than most. I'm sure your going to be pumped up come game time.

6. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

GREAT POST and well said...

That's the truth... Win this game and we get respect and a set up with undefeated Tennessee with extra days rest...

Lose and all the pundits say "I told ya so" and The Jets are just another team scratching for survival with a collision course with Miami and Pennington and the possible set up of one the All-Time biggest jokes in Jets history if Chad beats us and Parcells and Co. make the playoffs over us...

Sorry to go there but, that's just how important THIS is....

GREAT thread BTW.....

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I totally get the critique of Bosko's shameful post. What he completely ignores is the alignment of circumstances tomorrow night, which absolutely includes all those crushing Jet losses in the past. The no tarp game, the loss in 86, the spike game, the loss in Denver in 98, are all still open, festering wounds for me. It's not that those games were less important than this one, duh. It's that this game can be either another one like that, but even worse, excrutiatingly so, PRECISELY since it comes after all of them (isn't this obvious?),

OR

It can be redemption. It can be sweet, blissful grace, in one swift moment cleansing all that awful history away. Ahhhhh....

Real Jet fans know what is involved here. And I am not talking about snivelling Chad Fans who secretly hope for a loss so they can come on here Friday, as you know they will, and proclaim that Chad would have won the game. The one thing that will make the loss itself even worse.

But, just like Merle Haggard sang in Life in Prison, I cannot sign onto the suicide pact since I know that experiencing the despair that will ensue following a loss, a type of despair that it takes a writer like Edgar Allen Poe to describe, will be our fate, and will be harder to bear than the momentary trauma of death. I will take it like a true Jet fan, swallowed into that vortex, a part of me enjoying the ride down into the maelstrom, all hope lost, like that freight elevator in Angel Heart going down, down, down...

8. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Great thread....Just a quick note...if we lose there will be a job opening for a buyer at the Utilities Comm in NSB Florida...I will be in my car with the motor running in the garage

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Awesome post! I loved reading it. I'm serious--great writing.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes actually my son is going to desert fartherhood for a few hours to pop over to watch the game. Usually I tape the games for him & he watches it after the kids go to sleep. Sure I am pumped up since I know the stretch they have coming up & know the sheer importance of the this game. Can you even imagine the newspapers if we somehow we beat NE & TN back to back? Hopefully what we have seen in the improvement of the team is for real & that Jenkins, Favre & Co can get the job done. I sincerely hope that Mangini/Shotty/Sutton are up to finally taking down the resident brain of the NFL. It will certainly be ugly around here Friday morning if BB again outsmarts Man & that is perceived as the reason we lost the game.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Winston, AWESOME thread my man.

I'm all in, without question.

For myself, I'll be mixing a teaspoon of rat poison in with each beer I consume during the game. If we somehow win, I'll quickly down the bottle of ipecac to vomit the poison back up, thereby buying myself a week and a half to then worry about the Titans.

Just in case, I'm going to leave the bathtub full of water, and the toaster perched precariously on the edge.

12. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Grow a pair, pick a Ne Patriot fan and punch him in the mouth. We don't need a history lesson, we are well aware of what happened in the past.

I, like most of the posters in this thread want the Jets to beat NE. Let me say it louder. WE WANT TO BEAT THE PATS!!!!

I want us to be the man for a change. Let the Pats look up and see us for a change.

Like Bluto from "Animal House" said "Are you with me? Let's Go!!!!!!!!!!!!"

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Wouldn't that be something if we won both of the next 2 games? We'd still be 2 games behind TN but since we have the tie breaker we could hope to hell for them to drop 2 more than us the rest of the way out... wow...

Man, I'm really going to be pissed if the Jets don't find a way to win this...

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

By the way, all of you turds on PatsFans.com reading this thread can suck a horse dick tomorrow night. I know it's a week night but you can change your routine for once this year.

15. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

Excellent post winston but you can all stop planning your possible demises.
    I have just sold my soul to the devil for a jets victory tomarrow night.:beer:

Fuck it, im going to take over down there and torture all pats fans for eternity.

#115 ncjetfan, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  16. winstonbiggs

I actually respect the 3 or 4 Pats fans who lived and died with their team when they sucked while the rest of NE was rooting for the Giants back in the old AFL days. There are a handful of Pats fans that know what all in means. If most of them weren't already dead I'm sure they would sign on to the other half of the contract.

17. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Winston, that is one of the most beautiful pieces of writing that I've ever read.

This game truly has implications that could change the whole perception of the franchise. The stars have aligned and it's do or die time. That being said, I'm in.

I'll have my swimming trunks out and be ready to take a swan dive off the roof onto the cold pavement in South Troy if it comes down to it.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm right across the river from you.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeap, I bet they feel proud to be crowded in with a bunch of coat-tail riders now.

I wonder if ther's gonna be a handshake tomorrow night? :smile:

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm not killing myself, I have the whole Knicks season to look forward to.

Wait.....